MFDigital CD DVD Information Library
Friday, June 11, 2004
CD-I Bridge is a Philips/Sony specification, for discs intended to play on CD-i players and other platforms such as the PC. It comprises:
- Disc format defining CD-I Bridge discs as conforming to the CD-ROM XA specification.
- Data retrieval structure as per ISO 9660. A CD-i application program is mandatory and stored in the CDI directory.
- Audio data coding which includes ADPCM and MPEG.
- Video data coding for compatibility with CD-i and CD-ROM XA.
- Multisession disc structure including sector addressing and volume space.
- CD-i related data since all CD-i players must be able to read CD-i Bridge data