MFDigital CD DVD Information Library
Thursday, June 24, 2004
CD Manufacturing > Quality Assurance > QA in Replication
Quality Assurance in Replication
To ensure that discs meet the necessary standards, sample CDs are tested at the start of all production runs. Measurements include:
- Analysis of the standard signals while the disc is playing.
- Measurement of physical attributes such as thickness and center hole diameter.
- Frequent full analyzer tests to ensure that all electrical and physical parameters are maintained.
All discs replicated are subject to automatic inspection before and after printing including:
- Evaluation of any visual defect such as pin holes, cold marks, bubbles and dimples.
- Automatic checks during printing to ensure that all discs being printed carry the correct catalogue number.